Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dinner with myself

I learned this recipe from my mom some 18 years ago. We don't know it's official name. We just describe it as beef in Kamote flour. I call it Beef Fritters:

Ingredients
1/4 kilo beef steak
1 pack camote flour (you can find this in the flour section of the grocery store)
1 beaten egg
3 large garlic cloves (crushed and chopped finely)
1 teaspoon crushed peppercorn
1/2 tablespoon refined salt
pinch of MSG or other seasoning granule (I'm a cheat, these new seasoning mixes can really enhance the flavor)

How to do it
Slice beef steak in strips
Add in the garlic, salt, seasonings and pepper corn

beef fritters with kamote flour

Pour some amount of Kamote flour in a plate
kamote flour
Pour the beaten egg into the seasoned beef strips
beef with egg
Roll each beef strip on the Kamote flour, make sure each beef strip is coated with flour
beef fritters with kamote flour
Fry until each side is off-white. A brownish fritter is overcoked
beef fritters with kamote flour
Tada!!! Serve with vinegar sauce or best with"Suka Pinakurat"
beef fritters with kamote flour
Though, I overcooked some batch of these fritters because I was busy shooting and trying different angles (I really suck at food photography and using the flash). If anyone knows this recipe's official name or a similar recipe, please let me know.

Oh, I'm enjoying this cooking thing :)


add to del.icio.us : Add to Blinkslist : add to furl : Digg it : add to ma.gnolia : Stumble It! : add to simpy : seed the vine : : : TailRank : post to facebook

3 comments:

  1. bai! i love the pics! looks delicious! my ermats taught me about this recipe also! :D

    :drools:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really bai?! Unsay tawag ani nga recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. beef strips ramay tawag sa amoa bai! hehe! amoa kay i-deep fry jud bai! :D

    ReplyDelete