Monday, July 19, 2010

Coolest Music Videos



There are a thousand unique song interpretations out there. Some are just unforgettable and quite popular.

Who actually started the 'lying' music video? The most recent one is perhaps Adele's 'Chasing Pavement'.


But Oren Lavie's 'Her Morning Elegance' is better way done


For me, Gorillaz popularized the cartoons concept. But the 'Stylo' video is the post-cartoon era of Gorillaz. I believe this is their coolest video.


Some more electronic musicians decided their videos in animated cartoons too
Gigi D'Agostino's 'Bla Bla Bla'


and Jason Forrest' 'War Photographer'


And speaking of entertaining animations, I think Blur's Coffee and TV is unforgettable from the 90s


How about entertainment + humor? Ok Go's 'Here It Goes Again' is on the benchmark


And Dave Grohl is such a LOL! is he really a funny guy? I like him better than Jim Carrey here --- Foo Fighter's 'Learn to Fly'


And of course they have 'Big Me' which makes me quite bias on Foo Fighters just because I like Dave Grohl =D


Moving on to ballads, I just found a counterpart of Tom Jones' 'Delilah'. I wish somebody made a video interpretation of it similar to Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue's 'Where the wild roses grow'

It's like I'm watching a short film about the song's lyrics. I like literal interpretations.

My first impression of Bat for Lashes' 'What a Girl to do' is boring. But if you give it a chance and watch it intently until the song is finished, you'd see it isn't easy to make the other wierd bikers to appear and hide at the back of the vocalist.

Bat For Lashes - Whats a Girl To Do

Parlophone Records | MySpace Music Videos


Sia's 'Breathe Me' video was one of those which uses still animation. I didn't really expected it to be less dramatic than the song itself. But it's definitely cool.


Underwater or yet submerged subjects is I guess not an easy video to make. My thumbs up are on Tool and Massive Attack for digging the challenge.



submerged in the watery womb, I mean.

I hope you enjoyed my list. There are definitely more cool videos from Bjork, Moby, Prodigy and more. I even bow my head to Enigma's Return to Innocence. You can also check out Smashing Magazine's 29 Brilliant Music Videos here.


add to del.icio.us : Add to Blinkslist : add to furl : Digg it : add to ma.gnolia : Stumble It! : add to simpy : seed the vine : : : TailRank : post to facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment